Last Updated: December 16, 2022
CATEGORIES AND SOURCES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS AND HOW TO EXERCISE THEM
CATEGORIES AND SOURCES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT. We collect certain personal information from and about you when you visit or interact with our Site.
We collect the following information directly from you, when you provide it or send it to us:
- Personal Identifiers such as your name, business address, phone number, e-mail address, company name and location, and any other personal information contained in the content of your inquiry or any contest or sweepstakes entry you submit;
We collect the following types of information from and about you automatically when you visit our site:
- Online identifiers, including browser and device information such as such as your device’s Internet protocol (“IP”) address; unique device identifiers as well as hardware or operating system device identifiers (e.g., IDFA for iOS and AAID for Android); and information about the type of Internet browser, browser language and operating system you use; connection type (wired or Wi-Fi); the region where your device is located; network to which your device is connected; geo-IP data; and the mobile carrier (if available).
- Information about your activity and behavior on this Site regarding your browsing, usage, and interactions, such as information that allows us to identify browsers and devices we have interacted with previously, the website you came from before and visited after, and information related to the pages you are viewing on the Site.
- Cookie Information – we may set cookies on your web browser (or use other technologies like clear gifs, web beacons or similar devices, including devices that function in the mobile environment) when you visit this Site. For details related to the cookies that we use as well as instructions for opting-out, click here.
We do not collect, use, or disclose any personal information that is defined as “sensitive” personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, as thereafter amended (“CCPA”) or other U.S. state privacy laws, as applicable.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. We use the information we collect from or about you on our Site in the following ways:
- to contact you and/or provide information requested by you, including access to our newsletters, blogs, and other information about the Client Services;
- to directly market or otherwise promote the Client Services to you;
- to evaluate and respond to applications and inquiries of prospective merchants and advertisers;
- to conduct internal analysis to provide and understand the audiences for, and improve the effectiveness of, our Site, the Client Services, and our marketing of the Client Services;
- to respond to inquiries and requests of our Site users.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we also collect, create, process, store, use and disclose information that is not personal information, such as sets of aggregate data and other generalized information, including de-identified information about Site browsing, usage and interactions that does not reveal or relate to your identity or the identity of your company. We will maintain any deidentified information in that format and will not attempt to reidentify it.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION. We disclose personal information about you and your usage of our Site as follows:
- to third parties that are providing services on our behalf. For example, (a) when you apply for participation as a merchant on our program, we may share information submitted by you with third party vendors to authenticate and/or supplement your application information; or (b) we may share information in connection with a sweepstakes, contest or other promotions you entered for the purposes of facilitating such promotion;
- to technology, infrastructure, operations and other service providers to help support the infrastructure necessary to operate and improve the Site; or
We may also disclose information about you:
- if we are required to do so by law or legal process, including in response to a valid request from law enforcement authorities or other government officials;
- when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity;
- if necessary to protect or assert our legal rights or the legal rights of another individual or entity;
- in connection with a corporate reorganization or a sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or asset; or
- to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
We do not sell, share or process your personal information for targeted marketing purposes, as those terms are defined under the CCPA or other U.S. privacy laws, as applicable.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS AND HOW TO EXERCISE THEM. Depending on applicable data protection laws for your jurisdiction and role, you may have certain rights regarding your personal information that we collect, use, and disclose in relation to your Site visit. In certain jurisdictions, consumers or individuals have rights to know about the personal information we process, and to access, correct, delete, and object to or limit the sale, sharing, or other processing of their personal information by opting out, or to engage an agent to exercise these rights on their behalf, as well as a right not to be discriminated against for exercising their privacy rights and to complain to the authorities in the event their privacy rights are not respected.
SHINE THE LIGHT. California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not share your information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
NOTICE REGARDING INFORMATION OF MINORS. This Site and any related services are intended for adults 18 years of age or over, and we do not knowingly collect, sell, share, or process for targeted advertising the personal information of individuals under 18 years of age without affirmative authorization or without verifiable opt-in consent from a parent for those under age 13.
INFORMATION SECURITY. We take appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of personal information. This includes the necessary physical, electronic and managerial procedures designed to protect data integrity, access and use. Please note that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. As a result, we strive to protect your personal information but cannot ensure or warrant the security of your information against any possible loss or unauthorized access.